Ethical Trading Policy
Schoolwear Inc is a family run business that works with a direct supply chain of mainly British wholesalers. Our wholesalers, in turn, work with both British and overseas manufacturers and we are proud to report that more than 50% of our range is manufactured in the UK.
Having been in the industry for over 20 years, we recognise the responsibility we share with our wholesalers and manufacturers to source garments and products in an ethical manner.
As part of our commitment towards trading ethically, our suppliers are required to comply with our ethical code, which is based on national and international laws. Our suppliers comply with:
- all laws and regulations of their country
- no child labour
- no forced labour of any kind
- providing safe working conditions for their employees
- no discrimination throughout the hiring and employment process
- human and civil rights
- health and safety standards
- setting wages and hours in accordance with the minimum legal wage of that country.
- sewing and fabric quality standards
We operate in an industry that is heavily reliant on word of mouth and reputation, which is why consistency is of paramount importance to us. Consistency in our quality and service can only be achieved on a long term basis by upholding ethical practices in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
At Schoolwear Inc we place strong value and pride in trading ethically and as part of this commitment, we recognise the importance of continuing to reduce our impact on the environment.
To achieve this, we have shared some of our sustainability practices, which continue to evolve and expand:
- Our products are durable and long-lasting, which affords parents the opportunity to pass on school uniform to younger siblings or donate them to the school as a second-hand option for other parents.
- Our product labels contain guidance on washing methods to help preserve the condition of the uniform for as long as possible.
- We are continuing to introduce products that are made from 100% recycled plastic bottles.
- We are continuing to reduce the use of our single use plastics in packaging.
- We are improving our processes to reduce energy and waste in the workplace.
We also work with suppliers that share our commitment towards sustainability and future of our planet.
Better Cotton Initiative
Some of our suppliers are also members of the Better Cotton Initiative, which is the world’s leading sustainability programme for cotton.
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via our Contact Us page.